St Anne's was designed by architect Harry Sherwood who was surveyor of the fabric of Chichester Cathedral.  The foundation stone was laid on 6 June 1958 by the Bishop of Chichester who consecrated the building on 14 May 1959. A storeroom and chapel dedicated to St Mary , built entirely with funds raised by the congregation, were added to the building's North side in 1986.

Externally the church, built of brick and timber with dormer windows in the extensive, green tiled roof was designed to combine traditional and modern styles. The interior may be classed as spacious open planning, simply designed so that the entire congregation can clearly see the altar.

The octagonal font is difficult to date, but is believed to come from St Anne's church, Eastbourne . The  dedication is taken from St Anne's in Eastbourne which was bombed in World War II and the reparations used to build St Anne's  East Wittering .

The church has ten small stained glass windows in the south wall, two in the west wall and six in the north wall representing Old and New Testament scenes. The priest’s vestry is entered through a door from the choir vestry off the North side of the chancel. Above the choir vestry there is a galleried meeting room on the first floor.  A large gallery at the west end accommodates the organ pipes to the front and some seating to each side of the pipes.  Externally the grounds are surrounded by grass, trees and a flowerbed.